Marine Cyanobacteria - Deposition and Distribution
Field visit culture collection.
Cyanobacterial Microalgal collections
Arctic and Antarctic Polar Research Visit
Indo US and Indo UK Collaborations
Annual Training and workshop for researchers.
Cyanobacteria, the oxygen evolving photosynthetic diazhotrophs are the architects for all the living organisms. Considering the biotechnological potentials of these marine microbes, National Facility for Marine Cyanobacteria, (Sponsored by Department of Biotechnology, Govt. of India) at Bharathidasan University takes pride in being the only facility in the world dedicated solely to the field marine cyanobacterial research. It's main objectives are :
- survey the entire coast of line of India and estabilish germplasm collection of marine cyanobacteria as well as cryophilic cyanobacteria;
- carry out, basic and applied research resulting in both the understanding of basic biology as wel as exploitation of these organisms by way of technologies towards human welfare;
- carryout genome wide hunt of cyanobacterial genomes;
- sequence the whole genome of selected marine cyanobacterium of Indian isolate.
- develop a strong knowledge economy and human resource through regular workshops and conferences;
- provide marine cyanobacterial culture, instrumental and other facilities to needy researchers.
Database for Cyanobacterial research.
View Synechocystis 6803 chromosome using R and Shiny
Search a Pattern against Cyanobacterial genomic regions
.:: BIOINFORMATICS CENTRE ::.